We had the Nield Reunion July 7 - 11th. Bryan and I were in charge of planning the reunion this year. We stayed at my parent's cabin in Midway Utah. We crammed everyone into the small cabin along with Tom and Karen's trailer in the drive-way. I'm not sure if anyone got much sleep, but we had a good time. We went to Lagoon on Thursday. Everyone had a good time riding the rides. Sara and I don't like roller-coasters too much, so spent a lot of time together taking pictures and waiting for people to ride rides. We liked the Rattlesnake Rapids, and the Bumper Cars the most, they were our speed. The rest of the family were dare devils and rode everything from Wicked (Aubrie's favorite) to The Wild Mouse. Friday we spent the day at Jordanelle Reservour. We planned on boating that day, but the weather did not cooperate. It sprinkled several times throughout the day and it was really windy. Wind and boats don't go well together. But I was so glad everyone made the best of it and tried to have fun anyways. Tyler decided we needed to play "Survivor - Jordanelle" So we made tribes and played for a while. Once we got into it, it was really a lot of fun. Saturday was the big GPS race. This is the second one Bryan and I have planned this year. I'm a little tired of planning them and would rather go on one, so if anyone is planning one, let me know, I want to come. The race was fun, I think we even stumped the teams once or twice. That night we watched videos of old reunions. This was probably my favorite part of the whole week. It is so fun to see how small your kids once were, as well as how young we used to be. We really missed not having Tom and Karen there this year, it was a little strange. Fortunately they will be back in time for next years reunion.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment