
We got home from the Nield runion on Sunday night and Alex left for Scout Camp Monday morning. we did some quick packing and got him out the door. I think he had a good time until Friday. Bryan received a phone call from the Scout Master saying Alex had been hurt, hit on the head, and as a precautionary measure they were taking him to the hospital to have him checked out. At first I thought, Oh nothing big, they're just being cautious, well later the whole story came out, and I was glad I didn't know the whole story until after I knew he was ok. Apparently, they were playing a game where you tie a rope around a log and then raise it in the air. Well Alex and another boy were lifting the log while the rest of their team was pulling it up with the rope. The log was in the air and the other boys told them to let go and help them pull. Just then the rope broke and dropped a 150 lb log on their heads. Alex fell to the ground and then got up yelling he couldn't see and started vomitting. Fortunately some of the scout leaders had medical backgrounds and got him on the ground. He doesn't remember the log hitting him. They gook the boys, by ambulance, to the Driggs hospital and ran CT Scans and checked them out. Bryan ran up there, because he was already in Blackfoot. He had a concussion and had to be careful for a week, but thank goodness that's all that was wrong. The other little boy was about the same. Things could have been so much worse. We are so grateful that Heavenly Father was watching out for them and they only had concussions. Alex was pretty sore on Saturday, but he seems to be back to normal now. I asked if he wanted to go to Scout camp again, and of course he said "Yes, why wouldn't I." The boy with Alex is the other boy that got hurt at camp and sitting behind them is the log that landed on them. I tried to pick it up, I couldn't lift it at all.



I heard about this...they were both watched over. There's no other explanation!
ReplyDelete